Tuesday 27 November 2012

Finish Poster

Here is my final poster for the short film that I have designed and created based upon my research into the codes and conventions and also some inspiration from other films of the same genre as my own.


The poster was inspired heavily by this image on the right from the film "Clockwork Orange", another dystopian film adaptation from the novel. I used the exact same orange that was used in the background of this image as in my own poster and I also like the use of the white against the orange however decided not to use the same font. I felt that a more regimented and structure fonts would be more ideal to go with the narrative of my film. I liked that within the "Clockwork Orange" poster they used an icon that resemble the film itself, however wanted to do a similar thing but with text that revealed an idea of my short film however made the audience intrigued.

Therefore I knew that a flyer would be coming through my protagonists letterbox with a message on the front cover. "The revolution will be complete when the language is pure." Therefore I used this sentence, which was taken from the book 1984 and therefore my poster would also be self referential as well as my fill and therefore there was a further level of continuity between both texts. However to engage the audience and intrigued them about my short film I decided to remove "the language is pure." to only leave "The revolution will be complete when…" I felt that this would increase my audience are also reveal all at a sense of the Pops as the whole film is structured around an idea of a revolution taking place.

I feel that this poster is the most professional poster that I produced and also was the richest in terms of its content and inspiration as well as reflecting my short film successfully. This poster was also the one that my target audience felt was the most suitable for the idea of my short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment