Monday 5 November 2012

Initial Mock up Posters

I have designed three posters that I hope to develop and refine so that one will become the final poster for my short film. Here are the three mockup posters that I have designed:


From this I will present them to my target audience and asked them for feedback. From this feedback I will develop my final poster.

From my target audience feedback I have found that the two favourite posters where The first (on the left) and the seconded (in the middle). I asked my target audience why did they not like the third poster, many said they found the contrast between the red and white to many and that made the poster unappealing. However they also said that they did not understand the significance and importance of the four pillars, even after I explain the storyline to them. For this reason and because the poster seems more ambiguous and unappealing to my target audience I ruled this one out.

Furthermore I asked my target audience why they preferred the first and second choices. Many said that they preferred the first one because of its simplistic and minimalistic nature. They also said that though it was similar to the third one, the contrast was less strong made it more appealing and interesting to look at. People who preferred the second choice of poster said it because it was ambiguous and it left them wanting to watch the short film and find out more because of the character in the background.

From this target audience feedback I have decided that I will develop both posters and then choose which one I want to lead with to create my final finished poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment