Sunday 24 February 2013

Rethought for the beginning.

After the discussion between myself and my media teacher about the first cut of my short film,  we acknowledge that the opening needs some work as it did not feel like a prison cell. Therefore I decided that I should re-evaluate how I should start the film.

Inconsideration I return to my source material of 1984 to gain some ideas. A thought was to develop the intertextual reference to 1984 would to start will, instead of the protagonist being in a prison cell, to have the protagonist doing similar work that Winston does; deleting and refining information for the party. However bring it in to the 21st-century a have computer to delete information.

In consideration of the idea, I felt that it did not add anything to the narrative that was offered. I realise the narrative starts at the point in which the protagonist entered the bus. Therefore I should start my short film at that point. This is what I'm going to do, I'm going to remove the beginning and start my short film at the point in which the bus pulls up beside the protagonist and the protagonist enters the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment