Thursday 21 March 2013

Montage tests

From the Forth cut of the short film my teacher said "The only other suggestion I would make is that you should consider editing the montages to be a little edgier... applying an effect or two to make them a little grittier/manic would add to the feeling they're there to evoke."

This is the first test of the effects being applied to the montage.


On presenting this test to my media teacher he said:
• Don’t like the effect on montages at all.
• I meant more like this but a bit more subtle:

In the next test I remove the effect and applied a scratch effect, see video below to see this test.



Comments were:
• No... looks more like rain. I say scratch it and put them back to just the clips sans effects. 
Also couple of minor but important things...
• You’ve misspelled Mr Smith’s first name.
• At 4:27 there’s an odd change in ambient sound. Need to level it out.
• This is a suggestion... & the last thing I’ll add... could the clock get louder as the final scene progresses? I think it would add to the tension. Other than that I think it looks great.

Now after this suggestions, I will remove the effects for the montage and return them to how they were before. Also I will improve on the couple of mistakes that I made and improve the short film on my teachers suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment