Tuesday 29 January 2013

Second Filming Day

This second film day was less seamless and smooth as the first day as there was more of an external element to today shoot. The conditions weren't necessarily within my control as for example the scene on the bus I had no control over as I did not know when the bus was going to arrive or how steady and stable the bus was going to be while driving. 

However there was an interior scene today of the protagonist in the prison cell and then leaving the prison as well. This scene didn't go necessarily how I planned or expected as during filming I found that the space that I plans was not large enough and therefore I couldn't do the tracking shots that I wanted. I had to change my initial plan and decided to use some initial stills shots trying to get the same effect. I don't know how well this turned out as I haven't yet piece it together. However my fear that it didn't work and I might have to reshoot or rethink this scene entirely. 

For the scenes on the bus however though they were outside my control I believe they work effectively and I was able to gather all the footage I needed to. The only concern I have is similar to the first day, of filming my actor corped several occasions ruining the shot. My fear is that I won't have enough footage to last the duration that I planed.

Looking over the footage that was shot two day I feel that some aspects will definitely need to be reshot as they are not as I envisioned them to be. However other elements such as the bus scene is better than I thought it was going to be and I feel that I can create a short film from this footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment