Monday 15 October 2012

Chosen Genre

After considering some ideas I feel that I am drawn to the genre of "Drama" with the specific sub-genre of  "Social commentary". However, I still need to create a focus for what the commentary will be on. I am currently thinking of an omnipotence narrative, however I am unsure if the omnipotence characteristic should be a part of a character or a method in which the short film is shot.

Another idea I had was to do a social commentary on a dystopia. However, I would create a narrative that is based on a dystopian world but create two, one minute endings and the audience would have to decide which ending they would prefer for the short film however they would have to choose between the lesser of two greater evils.

I feel that now I have decided on my genre and sub-genre I need to create some new ideas and select some from my original brainstorm. After this I can then begin to decide upon and concentrate on my chosen idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment